We try hard to keep making Roku players better and better for our customers through regular software updates. Our original player only supported Netflix, and now those same players have well over 300 channels. Another aspect of our upgrade philosophy is to provide frequent, steady improvements, as opposed to large yearly upgrades.
Today, we are releasing a software update to Roku 2 and Roku LT players—version 4.2, build 1006—that continues the evolution of the Roku platform.
In this release, we focused on several improvements and enhancements:
- Support for more games – Added improvements to the 3D game experience on Roku 2. The first games to take advantages of these improvements—Downhill Bowling 2, Castle Warriors and Frisbee Forever—will be available in the Roku Channel Store shortly and are designed to work with the Game Remote.
- Mobile support – Added enhancements to support an official Roku iPhone app that will be in the iTunes App Store soon. Followed by Android for our non-iOS loving friends.
- MKV playback support – If you have a Roku 2 XS, you can use the USB Media Player channel to play MKV movie files from USB drives. Also, MP4 video playback has improved.
- Improved Wi-Fi performance – Added optimizations to enhance streaming quality and reliability over Wi-Fi in Roku 2 players.
- Improved Bluetooth Game Remote battery performance – Prolonged the battery life of the Roku Game Remote when it is used in conjunction with Wi-Fi networking on the player.
- Improved Game Remote responsiveness – Improved wakeup responsiveness of Roku Game Remove over Bluetooth for quicker actions during video playback.
- Improved audio performance – Fixed the cause of intermittent audio dropouts with some stereo receivers.
- Shop Roku Deals in the Roku Channel Store – Recently we added the ability to purchase Roku players within the Roku Channel Store; now you can bundle accessories with your purchase too, like an HDMI cable.
The Roku software update will be pushed automatically to all Roku 2 and Roku LT players over the next 48 hours. If you can’t wait, select Settings > Software update > Check now from your Roku player.
Send your ideas to improve the Roku player to the product team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on what we fixed in the previous 4.1 release can be found here.