Update: The 4.6 firmware rollout has been resumed as of 4/23. Thanks for your patience!
Today, we are rolling out 4.6, our latest free software update for Roku 2 and Roku LT players. In addition to performance and stability improvements, the new version adds the ability to change your system language.
Roku software 4.6 delivers the following goodness:
- Improved overall system navigation performance by up to 50 percent
- Improved overall stability
- Fixed an issue that could prevent some channels from launching properly
- Fixed an issue that could cause delays when launching the Netflix channel
- Fixed an issue that could cause some channels to fail to appear on home screen
- Improved the start of playback experience in the BBC iPlayer channel (UK only)
- Improved playback experience when switching between HD and SD quality streams in the BBC iPlayer channel (UK only)
- Added French language support for users in all countries
The software update will be pushed automatically to all Roku 2 and Roku LT players over the next 48 hours. If you can’t wait, select Settings > Software update > Check now from your Roku player.
You can read about what we fixed in the previous 4.3 release here. Stay tuned, if you have an older generation, we will continue to release updates as necessary.