Love is in the air. Get your Valentine’s Day started with these unforgettable romantic movies – deep down everyone loves a good Rom-com after all. You’ll laugh, cry and feel fuzzy inside.
- Say Anything – A budding romance between noble underachiever Lloyd and beautiful high school valedictorian Diane is threatened when Diane’s father has a few things to say about the relationship and his expectations for Diane’s future. (Movie, 1989) Available on Netflix.
- When Harry Met Sally – Does sex make it impossible for men and women to be true friends? The film chronicles this dilemma through the eleven year relationship between Harry (Billy Crystal) and Sally (Meg Ryan) who meet in college, then pursue their own lives until they reconnect ten years later. (Movie, 1989) Available on Amazon Instant Video.
- Sleepless in Seattle – Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan star in an enchanting romance about a grieving widower whose son convinces him to find new love and the recently engaged woman who answers his call on a late-night radio show. (Movie, 1993) Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- Dirty Dancing – In the summer of 1963, innocent 17-year-old Baby vacations with her parents at a Catskills resort. One evening she is drawn to the staff quarters by stirring music. There she meets Johnny, the hotel dance instructor, who is as experienced as Baby is naive. Baby soon becomes Johnny’s pupil in dance and love. (Movie, 1987) Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Sixteen Candles – John Hughes, the writer of National Lampoon’s Vacation, shows how coming-of-age can be full of surprises in this warm-hearted teenage comedy starring Molly Ringwald. She’s your average teen, enduring creepy freshmen, spoiled siblings, confused parents and the Big Blonde on Campus who stands between her and the boy of her dreams. (Movie, 1984) Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Pretty Woman – Academy Award winner Julia Roberts and Golden Globe winner Richard Gere will leave you breathless in this classic love story. Vivian is a spirited, streetwise diamond in the rough when she meets shrewd, no-nonsense billionaire Edward Lewis. It’s a chance encounter that turns a week-long “business arrangement” into a timeless rags-to-riches romance. (Movie, 1990) Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- The Notebook – As teenagers, Allie (Rachel McAdams) and Noah (Ryan Gosling) begin a whirlwind courtship. However, the young couple is quickly separated by Allie’s parents who insist that Noah isn’t right for her. Several years pass, and when they meet again, their passion is rekindled, forcing Allie to choose between her soulmate and class order. (Movie, 2004) Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Love Actually – Writer-director Richard Curtis’s charming treatise on romance and relationships is an all-star ensemble (Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson, Colin Firth and Emma Thompson, to name a few) comedy that tells 10 separate (but intertwining) London love stories, leading up to a spirited climax on Christmas Eve. (Movie, 2003) Available on M-GO, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall – Peter (Jason Segel) is a struggling musician who finds his world turned upside down when his TV celebrity girlfriend, Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell), dumps him for a tragically hip rock star. It’s the hysterically funny look at how far one man will go to forget a girl – and all the fun he finds along the way! (Movie, 2008) Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Titanic – A society girl (Kate Winslet) abandons her haughty fiancé (Billy Zane) for a penniless artist (Leonardo DiCaprio) on the ill-fated ship’s maiden voyage. (Movie, 1997) Available on Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.