Planning a relaxed weekend? With new releases on Sky Store and boxset galore on Netflix, you aren’t going to know where to start! So here’s some help from us….
What do you plan to watch? Let us know in the comments section below.
- 12 Years a Slave (Movie) – The award winning blockbuster from British director Steve McQueen is available now on Sky Store. This devastating indictment of the American slave trade is told through the eyes of Solomon Northup, an educated free man who is shanghaied into a life of vicious servitude in the South.
- Person of Interest (Series) – Available on Netflix, this series follows Ex-CIA agent John Reese and enigmatic billionaire Mr. Finch, who use software that can predict future events to prevent violent crimes before they occur. New episodes have just been added.
- The Washington Snipers (Movie) - The notorious “Beltway attacks” which left ten people dead provide the twisted inspiration for this first-rate thriller from French director Alexandre Moors. Lonely Antiguan teenager Lee is lured from his island home by John, an older father figure, to Tacoma in Washington. He convinces Lee to show his loyalty by committing violent acts…culminating in the sniper spree in 2002. Now on Sky Store.
- Mad Men (Series) – With the whole of Season 7 available to stream on Now TV you can watch this stylish drama, that follows the Mad Men who work at the New York City based Sterling Cooper advertising agency during the glamorous 1960s.
- Two and a Half Men (Series) – Following the sad news this week that this comedy is set to end after its 12th series, you can watch it on Now TV as it is broadcast live on Comedy Central.
- Happy Valley (Series) – You can watch the first three episodes of this new BBC drama series which has been extremely well received. When a kidnap spirals out of control, Yorkshire police sergeant Catherine Cawood comes face to face with the man who destroyed her family. Available now on BBC iPlayer.
- Made in Chelsea (Series) – Halfway through its seventh series and Binky’s resolve to stay away from Alex has crumbled, but can Alex prove that he’s a changed man and what will the girls and Binky’s mum have to say about it? Find out now on 4oD.
- Lockerbie: Terror at 31,000 Feet (Documentary) – This powerful documentary from Channel 5 looks back on the 1988 event. On 21st December, Pan Am flight 103, a Boeing 747, took off from London bound for New York. Less than 40 minutes later, it exploded over the town of Lockerbie in the Dumfries and Galloway region of southwest Scotland. Available now on Demand 5.
- Orange is the New Black (Series) – The second series of this popular Netflix original series is available from the 6th June. That gives you plenty of time to watch the first series now on Netflix.
A Golden Oldie:
- White Chicks (Movie) – Everyone loves a comedy and we can’t believe this one is 10 years old. Two black FBI agents consigned to baby-sitting a pair of empty-headed socialites pose as white party girls to flush out their would-be kidnappers. Now on Netflix