World Cup fever has taken over for the foreseeable future. Not a football fan? This is where the joy of streaming comes in! There is plenty of entertainment available for you to watch on demand. Here are some recommendations to get you started.
What do you plan to watch? Let us know in the comments section below.
- The Other Guys (Movie) – New York cops Allen and Terry toil in obscurity as lowly desk jockeys until a big break finally gives them a chance to tackle real police work. Watch it now on Netflix.
- Tigers about the House (Series) – Following British tiger expert Giles Clark, as he hand rears Sumatran tiger cubs at home. Spot and Stripe are now outgrowing Giles’s home and developing adult tiger behaviours. Catch the cuteness on BBC iPlayer.
- Last Vegas (Movie) – Three sixty-something buddies – Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Kline – take a break from their day-to-day lives to throw a bachelor party in Las Vegas for their last remaining single pal (Michael Douglas). Director Jon Turteltaub presents The Hangover with a hip replacement in this predictable but hugely amusing look at friendship. Available now on Sky Store.
- Cold Blood (Series) – Intelligent detective drama with a story of impossible love threaded through the gripping plot. Brian Wicklow plays a game of psychological cat and mouse with detective Eve Granger and her ex-lover Jake. The first episodes of series 2 are on ITV Player now.
- My Violent Child (Documentary) – This one-off documentary looks at the hidden world of child-on-parent violence. It follows three families’ poignant journeys as they struggle to cope with their children’s complex behavioural issues whilst also being forced to ask themselves what they could be doing differently. Available on Demand 5.
- The Deadly Game (Movie) – London-set thriller starring Toby Stephens as Riley, a professional thief who’s hired to pull off the perfect heist only to find himself caught between maverick cop Parker (Rufus Sewell) and ruthless crime overlord Corso (Gabriel Byrne). See it on Now TV.
- The Mindy Project (Series) – Back for its second series Mindy adjusts to her long-distance relationship with Casey, but can’t come to terms with the fact that she is no longer the only Dr L at Shulman & Associates. Catch up now on 4oD.
- Spartacus Blood and Sand (Series) – This controversial series brings to life the bloody world of gladiators as the Roman Republic’s most brutal fighters clash in the ultimate arena, and depicts one of history’s most violent and excessive eras. Watch season 1 now on Now TV.
- Cuban Fury (Movie) – As a junior salsa champ in the 80’s, Bruce Garrett (Nick Frost) had the world at his feet – until bullies stamped out the fire in his soles. But when he discovers his gorgeous new boss (Rashida Jones) is learning to dance, Bruce is inspired to brush up his moves. Unfortunately, the office sleaze (Chris O’Dowd) is determined to do the cha-cha-cha with her first. Catch it on Sky Store.
A Golden Oldie:
- Pulp Fiction (Movie) – Quentin Tarantino’s 1994 stylized crime caper weaves together stories featuring a burger-loving hit man, his philosophical partner and a washed-up boxer. Recently added to Netflix.