Overwhelmed by the excessive number of sporting events on at the moment? Escape with a Friday night film or a favourite TV series, all available on Roku for your entertainment now!
What do you plan to watch this week? Let us know in the comments section below…
- Glastonbury Highlights – A look back at the highlights from 2014′s Glastonbury festival at Worthy Farm in Somerset, including performances from many of the headline acts, a smattering of special acoustic performances and a general celebration of all things Glastonbury. Watch it now on BBC iPlayer.
- Martina Cole’s The Runaway (Series) – Neglected by their parents, Cathy and Eamonn are two children thrown together in London’s East End where they depend on each other and dream of a brighter future together. Series one is available from today on Now TV.
- Modern Family (Series) – This Emmy-winning sitcom follows Jay Pritchett and his eclectic family as they deal with the challenges of contemporary life in Los Angeles. A complex clan tries to get along in this biting sitcom, as patriarch Jay, married to a younger woman, tries to identify with his grown children. Seasons 1 and 2 are available to watch now on Netflix.
- Holes (Movie) – Transformers’ Shia LaBeouf stars as Stanley Yelnats in a Texas juvenile detention camp where delinquents are forced to dig holes every day as a character building exercise. But what’s the real reason for the digging? Available to watch now on Netflix.
- Scream 4 (Movie) – After ten years Sidney (Neve Cambell) returns to her hometown of Woodsboro for a promotional tour of her self-help book. Things take a blood spattered turn when Ghostface reappears and tries to make up for lost time with another killing spree. On the 15th Anniversary of the original murders, two high-school students are found dead and Sheriff Dewey and his journalist wife Gale try to track down the serial slasher. Watch it on Demand 5.
- George Clarkes Amazing Spaces (Series) – George Clarke explores the extraordinary world of small builds, where people turn tiny spaces into the most incredible places to live, work and play. He even tries making a few of his own. George visits a canal boat that’s been revamped as the ultimate bachelor pad as he prepares to unveil his deluxe family caravan. Catch up with series 1, 2 and 3 on 4oD now.
- Non-Stop (Movie) – Whisky-sozzled air marshal Bill Marks (Liam Neeson) has to sober up quickly when a text-fiend threatens to kill a passenger every 20 minutes unless they get $150m. With the help of a fellow traveller and a resourceful air hostess, Marks attempts to identify the blackmailer… but winds up becoming the chief suspect. Catch it now on Sky Store.
- Escape Plan (Movie) – In the first proper buddy-up for the Hollywood action legends, Sly Stallone plays Ray Breslin, a professional prison breaker-outer, hired by companies to test out the security of their jails. However, when he’s double-crossed and finds himself incarcerated in a futuristic prison ‘off the grid’, only his wits, gravelly voice and violent tendencies will save him. Available now on Sky Store.
- The Way Way Back (Movie) – A shy 14-year-old finds solace from his divorced mother and her overbearing boyfriend with maverick water park manager Owen. The Descendants writer/directors Jim Rash and Nat Faxon’s directorial debut is a sweet, knowing tribute to teenage awkwardness, to divorced parents trying to restore family values and to those who find themselves as unlikely mentors. Stream it on Now TV.
A Golden Oldie:
- The Godfather (Movie) – A classic gangster film from the 1970’s, Al Paccino stars in the Godfather. When an organized-crime family patriarch barely survives an attempt on his life, his youngest son steps in to take care of the would-be killers. Watch it now on Netflix.