Halloween and Bonfire Night are now just distant memories as our attention turns to the run up to Christmas and the New Year. To keep you going as the nights turn darker we’ve put together some of our top streaming shouts for this week.
Let us know what you watch in the comments below!
- 22 Jump Street (Movie) – Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill reprise their roles as unconventional, undercover law enforcers in the sequel to 21 Jump Street. Having (just about) passed themselves off as High Schoolers in the first instalment it’s time for the pair to head to college! Hilarity ensues. Sky Store
- RoboCop (Movie) – Critically injured in the line of duty, a cop is transformed into an experimental crime-fighting cyborg in this reboot of the 1980s sci-fi classic. Joel Kinnaman stars in the title role. Netflix
- The Fault in Our Stars (Movie) – This heart-breaking adaptation of John Green’s hugely successful novel offers a whole new slant to the classic tale of boy meets girl. Augustus (Ansel Elgort) and Hazel (Shailene Woodley) are doomed lovers forging forward into uncertainty in this spectacular tear-jerker. Sky Store
- Nebraska (Movie) – Nominated for best picture at this year’s Academy Awards, Nebraska takes a bleak and intriguing look into the relationship between a father and son. Bruce Dern plays Woody, a curmudgeonly old man hell-bent on claiming his ‘winnings’ after confusing a magazine coupon for a million dollar lottery ticket in this comedy drama. Watch it on Now TV
- Broadchurch (Series) – With series two of the crime series in the offing now is your chance to relive the drama of the first as David Tennant and Olivia Coleman search frantically for the killer of schoolboy Danny Latimer. Catch the first series on Now TV
- The Apprentice (Series) – Now into its 10th series a new group of well-groomed potential entrepreneurs vie for the affections of Sir Alan Sugar by completing a series of business-based tasks in the hope of being hired as his apprentice. BBC iPlayer
- Broadmoor (Series) – ITV takes an unprecedented look inside Broadmoor High Security Psychiatric Hospital which houses some of the country’s most violent offenders. The series casts an eye on the day-to-day running of the NHS run hospital and follows the stories of its patients. Catch up on ITV Player
- World’s Weirdest Weather (Series) – Such is our obsession with the weather in this country, this fascinating exploration of its obscure nuances should appeal to far more than just amateur meteorologists. Red rain, underwater clouds, sprouting ice and much, much more. Watch now on 4oD
- Gotham (Series) – Follow the adventures of young detective James Gordon as he fights to rid the streets of Gotham City of demonic chemists, child snatchers and rogue business men. Catch up on Demand 5
- Blues Brothers (Movie) – A pair of two-bit crooks go on a quest to save the Catholic orphanage where they were raised by reuniting their former band for a charity gig. Catch this 1980 cult classic starring John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd now on Netflix.