Wimbledon is over, and there isn’t long left of the World Cup so now you can get back to the best thing about TV…streaming! We have compiled some recommendations of what to watch this week in case you have been out of the loop and distracted by all of the recent sporting events.
What do you plan to watch this week? Let us know in the comments section below…
- Ride Along (Movie) – Feckless school security guard Ben (Kevin Hart) has to prove to hard-as-nails Atlanta cop James (Ice Cube) that he’s good enough to marry his sister (Tika Sumpter) by joining him on patrol in the city. However, their pratfall-crammed day results in them falling foul of the town’s mysterious crime king Omar. Fast-talking comedy caper from director Tim Story (Think Like A Man). Watch this comedy now on Sky Store.
- The Frozen Ground (Movie) – In this fact-based thriller, an Alaska state trooper pursuing a serial killer teams with a 17-year-old-prostitute who escaped the predator’s clutches. Watch it now on Netflix.
- Sunshine on Leith (Movie) – Ex-squaddies Ally (Kevin Guthrie) and Davy (George MacKay) return to Edinburgh after a gruelling tour of duty in Afghanistan. However, both struggle to learn to live a life outside the army and to deal with the everyday struggles of family, jobs and relationships. Adapted from the hit musical based on the music of The Proclaimers, this is a journey north for a beery, teary, toe-tapping tale of home, heart and Hibernian FC. Watch it on Now TV.
- Big Brother (Series) – As the series draws to an end, catch up on the latest in the house on Demand 5.
- Britain’s Youngest Carers (Series) – Watch the first episode of this documentary on 4oD, which follows the lives of four of Britain’s youngest carers – six-year-old Ty-Reece, sisters Clare and Erin, who are 16 and 14, and Josh, who’s 13 – to understand the challenges that they face in caring for their parents.
- Top Boy (Series) – In this gritty, stylish drama series, two London drug dealers ply their lucrative trade at a public housing estate in North London. New episodes now on Netflix.
- Slum Survivors (Series) – New to BBC iPlayer three British mechanics are guided and challenged for ten days in Lagos, Nigeria, by extraordinary slum dwellers who use dedication, passion and guts to succeed.
- Ray Donovan (Series) – Meet Ray (Liev Schreiber), a problem solver to LA’s rich and famous with a past that’s back to haunt him. Absorbing drama with Jon Voight. Series one available on Now TV.
- Tour de France – Watch the highlights of stage five which had nine cobbled sections totalling over 15km which promised to be both exciting viewing, and dangerous riding with a nod to Paris-Roubaix. Catch up now on ITV Player.
A Golden Oldie:
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off - Ferris convinces his entire school he’s at death’s door, then hits the streets of Chicago with his girlfriend and best friend for a day of fun. Available on Netflix