1. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNT REQUIRED.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The #Roku10Million Sweepstakes (the “Giveaway”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry (“Eligible Participant”). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of Roku, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Giveaway or connected to this Giveaway in any way are not eligible to enter. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable Federal, State and local laws. U.S. law governs this Giveaway. The Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Sweepstakes.
3. GIVEAWAY TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Giveaway begins at 09:00 PM Pacific Time (PT) on September 15, 2014 and ends 4:59:59 PM PT on September 26, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). Ten (10) winners will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries at the conclusion of the Promotion Period.
4. TO ENTER: You may enter the Giveaway through the #Roku10Million Sweepstakes application on the Facebook platform. To access the #Roku10Million Sweepstakes application, you must go to www.facebook.com/roku and click on the “#Roku10Million Sweepstakes” application tab or click here http://bit.ly/Roku10Million. You must “Like” Roku’s Facebook page in order to access the Giveaway entry form. To enter for a chance to win the prizes listed on the application form, you must complete the online registration form including your first and last name, email address and check the box confirming that you have read and agree to these Official Rules. Once you have successfully submitted, you will receive one (1) Entry in the Giveaway for the prizes. Limit one entry per person/Facebook ID per day.
Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Giveaway. If a dispute results as to the identity of an entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook ID from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to a Facebook ID by Facebook. The promotional website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Giveaway.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Ten (10) potential Grand Prize Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
The drawings will take place on September 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and September 26, 2014. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Giveaway. The potential winners will be notified by electronic mail on or about September 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and September 26. Non-compliance with these Official Rules; Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner; or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and the applicable prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on a subsequent drawing from remaining participants. All claimed prizes will be awarded. Prizes will be shipped on or about September 26, 2014. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning the prizes below depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. PRIZES: Total approximate retail value (ARV) for all prizes: US $1,119.90. There will be ten (10) Grand Prize Winners, and each Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) Roku 3 valued at ninety-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents ($99.99) and one (1) pair of Roku socks valued at twelve dollars ($12.00).
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are awarded “as is” and any and all guarantees and warranties on merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturers’ terms and conditions, and winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. All prizes claimed will be awarded. If winner is 18 years of age or older but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
By accepting a prize, a winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice and biographical material and entry submission for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or a party designated by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter known including but not limited to, any online announcements, or for sharing this information with the press for viewing, whether TV or print, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor may also require, unless prohibited by law, that any potential winner sign a separate publicity release. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. Entrants agree that any and all disputes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND FACEBOOK AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE GIVEAWAY OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE GIVEAWAY OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Giveaway be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Giveaway be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Giveaway and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner[s] in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE GIVEAWAY OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Giveaway in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Giveaway. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Giveaway via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of prize winners (available after September 26, 2014), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “#Roku10Million Sweepstakes” 12980 Saratoga Ave, Suite D, Saratoga CA, 95070. Attention: Melissa Morell. All requests for a list of prize winners must be received by September 27, 2014.
12. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Roku, Inc., 12980 Saratoga Ave., Saratoga, CA 95070.