Roku 2 owners, we pushed a new software update out this week (version 4.1, build 2663). While this is a minor update, it contains a number of notable improvements and bug fixes:
- Fixed issue where subtitles would not display for some Netflix titles for which subtitles were available.
- Improved the behavior of the Netflix context (OPTIONS) menu.
- Improved player Wi-Fi performance.
- Fixed issue where player was outputting full-range RGB color values to displays that can only accept limited-range color values, resulting in darker than normal images.
- Improved player boot performance.
- Improved microSD card performance.
The new firmware will be pushed automatically to all connected Roku 2 players. If you can’t wait, go to Settings > Software update to check for the latest update.