Today is a big day for us at Roku. It’s the day we begin shipping the first Roku player to hit a $49 price point….the Roku LT.
But it’s an even bigger day for Roku customers. In an economy that remains really tough, a lot of happy people will be able to give and receive a small box of Roku awesomeness this holiday season.
Don’t let the $49 price tag fool you. We didn’t scrimp on features. Here’s what you or your gift recipient can expect:
- Same easy-to-learn, simple-to-use interface as the Roku 2, which just won the 2011 CNET Editors’ Choice award for the streaming media category.
- Same great channel lineup as the Roku 2: Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Pandora, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, Disney, Crackle, NHL Game Center. Plus over 350 other entertaining channels. Really, the only Roku channels not supported on the Roku LT are those that require our game remote or a USB port.
- Up to 720p HD streaming quality. That’s right, the Roku LT is not a standard definition player.
- Both HDMI and composite video to connect to virtually any TV.
- The latest Netflix streams with support for subtitles and 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus pass-through on select titles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi b/g/n.
To learn more about the Roku LT or to order one now, go here. Happy streaming holidays from the Roku team!
**UPDATE – The Roku LT just won its own CNET Editor’s Choice award! Read CNET’s review of our “killer $50 streaming-media box” here. **