[UPDATE: this post is a few years old, please visit this post for up-to-date tips!]
Whether you are new to Roku or a seasoned Proku (get it?) here’s a collection of tips and tricks to help you get the most from your player.
How to connect with Roku and why you should:
Facebook and Twitter are the best places to find out about the latest news, deals, giveaways and fan-friendly campaigns. With nearly 400,000 fans, Facebook is also a great place to get community supported help and find out what’s new with Roku.
How to find the latest channels:
We have over 750 channels spanning 22 categories in the Channel Store. Aside from visiting the Channel Store on your Roku player, the blog is a great way to find out what’s new. You will find in-depth posts on new channels, features and updates, and we make it a point to read through the comments.
Did you know?
- You can transform your mobile device into a Roku command center with our official Roku app for Android and iPhone
- The Roku 3 remote includes a built-in headphone jack for private listening
- You can turn any Roku 2 into a gaming system with our Bluetooth Game Remote
- You can link your Facebook account to your Roku player with the Facebook Photos channel. Just enter your activation code here
- It’s easy to travel with your player. Learn how to take Roku on the road here
- If you have a Roku player with a USB port, you can watch your personal videos on your TV using the Roku USB Media Player channel
- Plex makes it a snap to stream your personal media from a laptop, desktop or media server. Add it here, download the Plex Media Server and stream on
- You can access exclusive Insider Deals on new Roku products from your TV with Roku Deals, found right in the Channel Store
- You can give your friends a great insider discount and get free Amazon Instant Video rentals on us with our Roku Refer-a-Friend program
- There are a variety of unofficial channels that you can install to your Roku player. Get the scoop on all available private channels at Roku Guide
Where to look if you need help
Having trouble playing? We update our FAQ with reported outages, but another great place to check is downrightnow.com. Simply click on the service you want to track and the crowd-powered site will let you know if there are reported issues with service.
We’re here to help! There are several ways for you to reach our customer support team.
Phone Support: 888-600-7658 Monday through Saturday 8AM to 8PM PST.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll keep this page updated, so check back for new tips and feel free to add your own in the comments. Happy Streaming!