The team here at Roku has been hard at work on another software update for Roku 2, Roku LT and new Roku HD players. Rolling out today, Roku software version 4.7 contains several “under the hood” improvements and fixes:
- Added support for channels that use Microsoft Smooth Streaming
- Added improvements to support several new partner channels to launch in 2012
- Improved stability of the new Roku HD player
- Improved Roku device discovery on Roku iOS and Android mobile apps
- Fixed a bug related to French localization
The Roku software update will be pushed automatically to all connected Roku 2, Roku LT and new Roku HD players over the next 48 hours. To get it now, select Settings > Software update > Check now from your Roku player.
Information on what we added in the previous 4.6 release can be found here.