Music is exploding on Roku – it now accounts for nearly 15 percent of all hours streamed on the Roku platform! We’re excited to expand music options even further with today’s addition of Spotify.
That’s right – Spotify, the award-winning music streaming service, is now available on Roku in the United States, United Kingdom and Ireland. Spotify Premium subscribers can stream millions of high quality (up to 320 Kbps), ad-free tunes, including Metallica’s entire catalog, on their Roku players.
Use the Spotify channel to:
- Search for tracks, artists and albums
- Browse new album releases and top tracks for your region
- Browse and play tracks from your Spotify playlists
- Add tracks to your playlists and star your favorite tracks
- Access content sent to you by friends in your Spotify Inbox
- View album and artist track lists for now playing tracks
Joining more than 600 video, music and casual game channels already on Roku, the Spotify channel is available now in the U.K. on all Roku players and in the U.S. on Roku 2 players and the Roku Streaming Stick. Support for Roku LT and the new Roku HD player will be coming soon.
On supported players, you can find Spotify in the Music category of the Roku Channel Store or add it here. Although the channel is free, a Spotify Premium subscription is required to use Spotify on Roku. You can try a free 30-day trial at spotify.com/roku.