With all the Thanksgiving travel, cooking and shopping last week, you’ve earned a long movie marathon this weekend.
Here are some recommendations, but please let us know what you’re watching!
- As I lay Dying – Writer/director/star James Franco dabbles in experimental filmmaking with this ambitious adaptation of William Faulkner’s famed stream-of-consciousness novel. This story is told from the multiple perspectives of a poverty-stricken, rural Mississippi family determined to honor their late matriarch Addie’s dying wish to be buried in Jefferson. (Movie, 2013) – Newly released on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand and Vudu.
- Take Me Home – Thom is an unlicensed New York cabbie who takes on the fare of his life when a woman asks him to drive her to California to see her ailing father. In classic rom-com style, the chemistry between the two builds as they make their way west. (Movie, 2011) – Newly released on Netflix, but also available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- My Boss’s Daughter – Tom, played by Ashton Kutcher, eagerly agrees to house-sit for his demanding boss, hoping to use it as an opportunity to win the heart of the boss’s daughter, Lisa (Tara Reid). But a string of unannounced guests, including Lisa’s druggie brother, threatens to foil Tom’s plans. (Movie, 2003) – Newly released on Netflix, but also available on Amazon Instant Video and Blockbuster on Demand.
- The Wolverine – Hugh Jackman returns as The Wolverine and faces his ultimate nemesis in an action packed life-or-death battle that takes him to modern day Japan. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, Logan confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality. (Movie, 2013) – Newly released on M-GO and Amazon Instant Video.
- Internal Affairs – When a newly minted Internal Affairs investigator trains his crosshairs on a manipulative, corrupt cop who’s been involved in police brutality for years, the pursuit of justice turns into a personal vendetta in this slick thriller. (Movie, 1990) – Newly released on Netflix, but also available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant, Crackle and Vudu.
- Jerry Maguire – After years of successfully navigating the shark-infested waters of sports management, Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise) experiences a crisis of conscience and leaves his high-powered job behind, with only one loyal football client and a starry-eyed co-worker in tow. (Movie, 1996) – Newly released on Crackle, but also available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant, and Vudu.
- Wish You Were Here – Searching for answers about what happened to their friend who vanished while they vacationed in Cambodia together, Steph, Alice and Dave discover a shocking truth — and must deal with the consequences as more secrets are revealed. (Movie, 2012) – Newly released on Netflix, but also available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters – Starring Logan Lerman and Brandon T. Jackson, this story follows the thrilling adventures of Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon, as he continues with a cross-country quest to find the magical Golden Fleece that will save his world…and save us all! (Movie, 2013) – Newly released on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- Princess Kaiulani – This gorgeous, sweeping historical epic tells the story of the final days of Hawaiian independence and how one young princess stood up to the impending takeover of her nation. (Movie, 2010) – Newly released on Amazon Instant Video, but also available on M-GO, Blockbuster on Demand and Redbox Instant.
- The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts – When a family moves from the city to a centuries-old house in rural Georgia, they are terrorized by spirits seeking revenge in this chilling follow-up to The Haunting in Connecticut. (Movie, 2013) – Newly released on M-GO, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.