Deep down we all wish we were superheroes…I bet you’re thinking about which one you’d want to be right now. Since we all love a superhero, it’s no surprise these movies consistently dominate at the box office – they’ve secured 5 of the top 20 spots on the all-time USA box office.
We’ve compiled the very best to keep you busy through the long Memorial Day weekend. Now tell us, if we were in peril, which superhero would you want to save us from destruction?
- The Dark Knight (Movie, 2008) – The Dark Knight reunites Christian Bale with director Christopher Nolan and takes Batman across the world in his quest to fight a growing criminal threat known as The Joker. Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Iron Man (Movie, 2008) – When jet-setting genius-industrialist Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is captured in enemy territory, he builds a high-tech suit of armor to escape. Now, he’s on a mission to save the world as a hero who’s built, not born, to be unlike any other. Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Marvel’s The Avengers (Movie, 2012) – Marvel makes cinematic history as it unites the Super Hero team of a lifetime. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), and Thor (Chris Hemsworth) assemble together for the first time ever in this epic, action-packed blockbuster alongside Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Available on M-GO, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Man of Steel (Movie, 2013) – A young boy learns he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man (Henry Cavill), when the world is threatened, he must emerge as a hero and the symbol of hope for all mankind. Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant, Vudu and Time Warner Cable.
- The Amazing Spider-Man (Movie, 2012) – Teenage social outcast Peter (Andrew Garfield) spends his days trying to unravel the mystery of his own past and win the heart of his high school crush, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). A mysterious briefcase leads to the discovery of his father’s secret, which will ultimately shape his destiny in becoming “Spider-Man.” Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant, Vudu and Time Warner Cable.
- Captain America: The First Avenger (Movie, 2011) – After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America, a superhero dedicated to defending America’s ideals. He joins forces with Bucky Barnes and Peggy Carter to wage war on the evil HYDRA organization, led by the villainous Red Skull. Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- X-Men: First Class (Movie, 2011) – Before they were Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together with other mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- Watchmen (Movie, 2009) – When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the outlawed but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all superheroes. Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Thor (Movie, 2011) –Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. He is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces to invade Earth. Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- The Incredible Hulk (Movie, 2008) – Edward Norton leads an all-star cast in this explosive, special effects-packed epic that delivers a mind-blowing final showdown that can only be summed up with one word…INCREDIBLE! Available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand, Redbox Instant and Vudu.