It’s nearly a new month, so start off June in streaming style and catch some of the best content this week as recommended by us.
What do you plan to watch? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Barely Legal Drivers (Series) – Young drivers take to the road in the family car, unaware that their parents are watching every manoeuvre through state-of-the-art cameras placed in the cars. The first episodes of series 2 are available now on BBC iPlayer.
- The Complainers (Series) – This first episode goes inside the complaints department of Transport for London. With over a million more people in the capital than 10 years ago, the city’s roads are fit to burst, and a new generation of complainers are turning up the heat. Catch up now on 4oD.
- Arrested Development (Series) – This Emmy award winning series is back on Netflix. It’s the story of a wealthy family that lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together.
- I, Frankenstein (Movie) – Another new addition to Sky Store, after destroying his creator, Frankenstein’s monster stalks the Earth for 200 years before getting a new lease of life in this gothic sci-fi extravaganza from Pirates of the Caribbean writer Stuart Beattie. The creature – now known as Adam – is recruited by the ‘Gargoyles’ to face off the threat of the evil Demons.
- Kick Ass 2 (Movie) – This sequel is available from today on Now TV. Dave Lizewski, bored after having retired from fighting crime as Kick-Ass, begins training with Mindy Macready to become a proper hero. After accidentally killing his mother, Chris D’Amico is now in control of his family’s money, and reinvents himself as a supervillain, swearing vengeance on Kick-Ass.
- A Case of You (Movie) – When young hack writer Sam spots an alluring young girl working as a waitress at a coffee shop she’s fired before he can engineer an introduction. He manages to track her down online…and embellishes his profile to attract her all the more. However, when he meets her in the flesh he’s got an awful lot to prove. Catch this comedy on Sky Store.
- Mr Sloane (Series) – New to Sky Atlantic and available on Now TV, Nick Frost stars in this bittersweet romantic comedy. Set in the late 1960s, Jeremy Sloane is a man in crisis. With a failed marriage haunting him and his career grinding to a halt, life is looking pretty bleak. But when a chance encounter introduces him to the free-spirited Robin an inspiring new job beckons.
- 47 Ronin (Movie) – When a samurai master is tricked by a witch, he is forced to take his own life. With the aid of the “half-breed” Kai, the fallen master’s exiled band of samurai are forced to avenge his death. New on Sky Store.
- True Crimes: The First 72 Hours (Documentary) – In the latest gripping episode available on Demand 5, the bizarre murder of a world-renowned anthropologist over the Christmas holidays shocks staff and students at the university where she teaches. Police get a clue that a stranger described as a female Hulk was seen shortly before the murder. In a case stranger than fiction, the murderer turns out not to be whom she appears to be.
A Golden Oldie:
- Carrie (Movie) – This classic horror has had multiple remakes, but if you fancy a scare this weekend why not watch the 1976 original, now on Netflix.