We are very excited about the second season of Orange is the New Black which is available in full from today on Netflix. That means you could watch the entire series over this weekend if you wanted to! If however you fancy something else this weekend, there are lots more to choose from. Here are some of our recommendations.
What do you plan to watch? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Orange is the New Black (Series) –The highly-anticipated second season of this Netflix original drama goes back behind bars for another sentence with the fearless, funny and unforgettable inmates of Litchfield prison.
- Dallas Buyers Club (Movie) – New to Sky Store, a bigoted Texan electrician is forced to overcome his prejudices when he’s infected with HIV by a drug-addicted hooker and realises that he and other sufferers are being denied effective treatment. Skirting the law and the system, he set ups a distribution network – the Dallas Buyers Club – for alternative therapies.
- True Blood (Series) – Sink your fangs into the sexy, scary and entertaining True Blood on Now TV. Alan Ball takes you into a wicked world; settle down, you’ll never leave! Seasons 1-6 are available in full.
- Backchat with Jack Whitehall and his dad (Series) – Jack Whitehall and his father Michael return for a World Cup special of their comedy chat show and are joined by Harry Redknapp, James Corden, Henning Wehn and Rachel Riley. Available now on BBC iPlayer
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (Movie) – Ryan is a young marine recruited as a covert CIA analyst by Kevin Costner’s veteran spook. He soon finds himself in the thick of it when he uncovers a Russian plot to cripple the US economy with a terrorist attack. But how to save the world without his girlfriend (Keira Knightley) knowing? Catch it now on Sky Store.
- New Girl (Series) – To celebrate the launch of the new series starting next week, 4oD have put series 2 back online for a limited time. The third series of the US comedy begins with the flat-sharing friends in a state of romantic upheaval as their relationships enter a period of transition.
- House of Cards (Series) – Fancy starting a new ‘box set’ this weekend. Ruthless Congressman Frank Underwood will stop at nothing to conquer Washington D.C. in this Emmy winning political drama. Available now Netflix.
- Elysium (Movie) – Available from today on Now TV, Elysium is a 2013 American dystopian science fiction action thriller film written, directed, and co-produced by Neill Blomkamp, and starring Matt Damon and Jodie Foster.
- The Dog Rescuers (Series) – Catch up on the start of this second series on Demand 5. With nearly a quarter of British households owning a dog, they are the nation’s favourite pet – but this isn’t always reflected in the way some are treated. Here we follow the RSPCA officers who, committed to the rescue and welfare of man’s best friend, are tasked with investigating reports of cruelty and neglect.
A Golden Oldie:
- Fantastic Four (Movie) – This animated series from 1994 follows the adventures of superheroes Mr. Fantastic, the Invisible Woman, the Human Torch and the Thing.