From the World Cup to Wimbledon, there are lots of sporting events to keep us entertained this weekend. However if you fancy a break, or would prefer a Friday film night, there is plenty more on offer on your Roku.
What do you plan to watch? Let us know in the comments section below.
- We’re the Millers (Movie) – This comedy, starring Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis, sees a veteran pot dealer create a fake family as part of his plan to move a huge shipment of weed into the U.S. from Mexico. Available from today on Now TV.
- A Cabbie Abroad (Documentary) – This new BBC series sees London cabbie Mason McQueen drive taxis in three very different cities. In this first episode he visits Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and gets to grips with a unique kind of cab – the tuk-tuk. Watch it now on BBC iPlayer.
- I Wanna Marry ‘Harry’ (Series) – 12 American girls compete for Prince Harry’s affections, unaware that they are dating a lookalike. The ladies compete to be named Miss Deerfield Manor. Catch up on series 1 on ITV Player.
- Homefront (Movie) – Phil Broker is a retired Interpol agent, living with his daughter in a backwater town where he’s desperately trying to rebuild his life after the death of his wife. But when a playground feud escalates, redneck meth producer Gator (Franco) becomes involved and drags Phil back into the murky underworld of drugs and guns. Rent it for HALF PRICE now before it leaves Sky Store.
- Friday Night Dinner (Series) – This comedy returns for its third series. In the first episode available now on 4oD, Adam finally brings a girl home for dinner, but the evening is ruined when the family suddenly have to look after eight-year-old Katie, who has a massive girlie crush on Adam.
- Frozen Ground (Movie) – In this fact-based thriller, an Alaska state trooper pursuing a serial killer teams with a 17-year-old-prostitute who escaped the predator’s clutches. Catch it now on Netflix.
- The Hotel Inspector Returns (Series) – Hotel Inspector Alex Polizzi finds out what has since happened to some of the struggling hoteliers she helped previously. Start the second series now on Demand 5.
- Tinker Bell And the Pirate Fairy (Movie) – One for the kids this weekend, when the rogue fairy Zarina steals Pixie Hollow’s supply of fairy dust and joins the pirates of Skull Rock, Tinker Bell leads the pursuit to get it back. But the journey is thrown into confusion when Tink and her companions discover that their talents have been switched! Watch it now on Sky Store.
- Scandal (Series) – Watch all of series 1 and 2 on Now TV. Olivia Pope has dedicated her life to protecting and defending the public images of the nation’s elite. Revered and feared at the same time, Olivia, a former media consultant to the President of the United States, left the White House to open her own prominent crisis management firm. However, it becomes apparent that her dysfunctional staff, who specialise in fixing other people’s lives, can’t quite fix their own.
A Golden Oldie:
- Armageddon (Movie) – Whether you have seen it before or not, this is an undisputable classic that is worth staying in for. As a massive asteroid hurtles toward Earth, NASA’s head honcho hatches a plan to split the deadly rock in two before it annihilates the entire planet. Watch it now on Netflix.