Hulu is a great source for enjoying the latest TV shows from networks such as FOX, NBC, ABC and more. If that isn’t awesome enough, the reason why I’m featuring them this week is because they are the only streaming channel providing literally all 180 episodes from “the show about nothing” aka, Seinfeld.
Finally, the greatest show of all time is available in its entirety and you can easily enjoy it however you want by either starting from episode 1 or checking out its most classic episodes. If moments like The Soup Nazi, yada yada or the Chinese restaurant don’t ring any bells I truly feel sorry for you. In which case, go to Hulu immediately and learn exactly what I am talking about! You won’t regret it, pinky promise.
Now thanks to Hulu, no longer will you be out of the loop. Binge watch this series and you’ll quickly understand why it was not just a part of pop-culture, but shaped it for decades to come.
Still adjusting to summer? Too hot outside? Stay in and catch up on a few of our favorite new releases.
- Some Assembly Required (TV Show, 2014)— A 14-year-old takes ownership of a toy company and hires a group of his friends to help him create amazing new toys. Available to watch on Netflix.
- Cake (Movie, 2014)— After having visions of a member of her support group who killed herself, a woman who also suffers with chronic pain seeks out the widower of the suicide. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO, Netflix and Vudu.
- Advantageous (Movie, 2015)— In a future where opulence overshadows economic hardship, Gwen and her daughter Jules try to hold on to their joy. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, Netflix and Vudu.
- Beyond the Lights (Movie, 2014)— A troubled star and an aspiring politician fall deeply in love, but those around the couple urge them to put their careers ahead of romance. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO, Netflix and Vudu.
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist (Movie, 2012)— In New York, a Pakistani native finds that his American Dream has collapsed in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video.
- Heartland Season 6 (TV Show, 2012-2013)— An Alberta family struggles to keep their ranch up and running. Available to watch on Netflix.
- Run All Night (Movie, 2015)— When his estranged son becomes a mob target, an aging hit man must figure out where his loyalties lie and how to save his offspring from a deadly fate. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Vudu.
- Kingsman: The Secret Service (Movie, 2015)— A top-secret spy agency recruits an uncouth but promising street kid into its highly competitive training program, just as a twisted technological genius threatens the world. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Vudu.
- American Heist (Movie, 2015)— Within 24 hours of being released from a 10-year sentence, Frankie threatens to drag his brother James back into the criminal underworld that nearly swallowed them both years before. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow and Vudu.
- Wild Horses (Movie, 2015)— A Texas Ranger puts her life in jeopardy when she tries to prove a powerful family’s involvement in a young man’s 15-year-old disappearance and murder. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO and Vudu.
Goooooooood Mythical Morning! If coffee hasn’t been getting you amped enough in the early hours of your day, why not get a jump start with Rhett and Link’s unique brand of comedy. The famous YouTube duo are here to spice up your Roku player with the Good Mythical Morning Channel.
Their morning talk show is filled with zany experiments and hilarious conversations that will make sure you don’t leave for work on time. If you’ve ever wondered what will and won’t deep-fry or how to keep wine and sauces off of your clothes, then these Internetainers have got you covered. Their “Will It…” challenges have influenced me to try out a bacon ice-cream sandwich and trust me it’s not weird because Rhett and Link have transformed weird into normal.
Add the Good Mythical Morning channel from the “Comedy” category in the Roku Channel Store. You can also search for it on your Roku home screen or through our free Roku mobile app. For more suggestions on what to watch check out our Roku Recommends channel.
It’s been an emotional week for Game of Thrones fans, with the fifth series coming to an end on Monday. But don’t panic streamers, we’ve got some great suggestions that are well worth catching-up on – or even seeing again!
If you’re looking to fill the gap that Game of Thrones has left in your TV time take a look at these options:
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
If you’re missing the fantasy offerings of Game of Thrones, this series is definitely worth checking out. With magic long since lost to England, two men are destined to bring it back; the reclusive Mr Norrell and daring novice Jonathan Strange. So begins a dangerous battle between two great minds, which any Game of Thrones fan will enjoy. Catch up with series so far on BBC iPlayer.
Orange is the New Black
If you haven’t already seen the latest Netflix comedy-drama everyone is talking about, Orange is the New Black is certainly worth checking out. The series follows the story of Piper Chapman, a woman in her thirties, who is sentenced to fifteen months in prison after being convicted of a decade-old crime of transporting money for her drug-dealing girlfriend. Now in its third series, you can catch up with Orange is the New Black on Netflix.
This new drama takes place in a parallel present, where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a ‘Synth’ – a highly-developed robotic servant that’s so similar to a real human it’s transforming the way we live. Adopted from an original Swedish TV series, the latest episode of Humans can be streamed
on All 4.
This new drama is a great watch for those who like their thrillers served up with a sci-fi twist. It follows the fate of a group of people around the world who find they are linked mentally. The team must find a way to survive being hunted by those who see them as a threat to the world’s order. Catch the first series now
Now if you’re really wanting something to fill your streaming time, and are looking for a box set you can get stuck into, The Sopranos could be just the thing. This iconic drama revolves around the fictional character and family of New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster Tony Soprano and portrays the difficulties he faces as he tries to balance the conflicting requirements of his home life and criminal organization. All six series are available to stream on Google Play, making it a great choice for the binge-watchers out there!
Looking for something to do with your dad this weekend? Make it a movie night! Order a pizza, grab Dad’s favorite drink and watch a flick or TV series that he’ll love. Field of Dreams is always a safe bet – if you stream it, he will come.
And don’t forget True Detective season 2 starts on Father’s Day!
- Field of Dreams (Movie, 1989) – If you build it, he will come. With these words, Iowa farmer Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) is inspired by a voice he can’t ignore to pursue a dream he can hardly believe. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Vudu.
- True Detective season 1 (TV Show, 2014) – An anthology series in which police investigations unearth the personal and professional secrets of those involved, both within and outside the law. Available to watch on HBO GO.
- Transformers: Age of Extinction (Movie, 2014) – As humanity picks up the pieces after an epic battle, a shadowy group emerges to gain control of history. Meanwhile, a powerful new menace sets its sights on Earth. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO, Netflix and Vudu.
- GoodFellas (Movie, 1990) – In the 1950s an Irish-Italian hoodlum joins the New York Mafia, but his mob career is not what he expected. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Vudu.
- Finding Nemo (Movie, 2003) – A clown fish embarks on a journey to find his son after losing him in the Great Barrier Reef. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Vudu.
- Father of the Bride (Movie, 1950) – An overwhelmed patriarch sums up his daughter’s wedding, from engagement to reception. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Vudu.
- The Pursuit of Happyness (Movie, 2006) – A single father and his young son endure many hardships as the father struggles to provide a better future for both of them. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Vudu.
- Mrs. Doubtfire (Movie, 1993) – Estranged from his wife, an out-of-work actor masquerades as a nanny to be with his children. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Vudu.
- Life of Crime (Movie, 2013) – After kidnapping a rich property developer’s wife and holding her for ransom, two small time crooks discover that their plan has a major flaw. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO, Netflix and Vudu.
- Northern Borders (Movie, 2013) – There’s hidden history in the still waters of rural Vermont. The right discovery can make growing up feel timeless. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO, Netflix and Vudu.
In April we launched a number of new search and discovery features in the U.S., UK and Canada, including a first of its kind feature called the Roku Feed. Now that the feature is available for our customers using current generation Roku players and Roku TV models, I thought I would take a little time to explain how to get started building out the Roku Feed to personalize your Roku experience.
As a brief refresher, the Roku Feed lets you “Follow” entertainment you’re personally interested in. The first feature we launched as part of the Roku Feed is called Movies Coming Soon. This feature displays movies that are still in theaters or too new to be available for streaming on the Roku platform and allows you to follow those titles. When a movie you’ve chosen to follow using the Roku Feed is available for streaming from a service such as Amazon Instant Video, VUDU (in the U.S.) or others, or decreases in price, you’ll receive an automatic update in the My Feed section of your Roku home screen.
Below is an overview of how to get started with the Roku Feed on your Roku player or Roku TV model in the U.S., UK or Canada. Note: you must have software release 6.2 or higher, available on current-generation Roku players and Roku TV models.
First, select My Feed from your Roku home screen. Watch the “What is My Feed?” video to learn more about this feature or click on Movies Coming Soon to browse a wide selection of movies that are still in theaters and/or not yet available to watch on the Roku platform.
To follow a movie, simply select a movie and click the “OK” button on your remote.
You will be prompted to confirm that you want to follow. Simply click “OK” again to confirm, or you may view a description of the movie or close the window to cancel the follow action.
For gamers, the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) marks the most exciting time of the summer! Thanks to the Twitch Roku channel, you can enjoy E3 events from the comfort of your living room. From June 14-18, Twitch and its partners will be streaming press conferences and gaming events from the show floor.
Set your streaming reminders!
3:00pm Nintendo World Championships, 7:00pm Bethesda conference
9:30am Xbox conference, 1:00pm EA conference, 3:00pm Ubisoft conference, 6:00pm PlayStation conference
9:00am Nintendo conference, 10:00am Square Enix conference. 5:00pm PC Gaming Show (exclusively on Twitch)
Who do you think will win this year’s console war?! What will the game of E3 be?! These and more questions will be answered soon enough! In the meantime catch live gaming broadcasts featuring both modern and classic titles on the free Twitch channel now. Find it in the “Web Video” category in the Roku Channel Store. You can also search for it on your Roku home screen or through our free Roku mobile app. For more suggestions on new channels, check out our Roku Recommends channel.
Eager to reunite with Piper, Red, Crazy Eyes and Taystee? Well, the wait is over! Set aside some quality couch time this weekend and get your stream on.
What are you most excited for in this third season?
- Orange is the New Black (TV Show, 2015) – Piper Chapman spends a year in a women’s prison as a result of her dealings with a drug smuggler. Available to watch on Netflix.
- Get Hard (Movie, 2015) – The prison-bound manager of a hedge fund asks a black businessman – who has never been to jail – to prepare him for a life behind bars. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow and Vudu.
- Champs (Documentary, 2015) – Boxing legends Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and Bernard Hopkins discuss their common roots in poverty, the absence of meaningful regulation in their sport and how they succumbed to the perils of fame. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Vudu.
- Barefoot (Movie, 2014) – The black sheep of a wealthy family brings a naïve, sheltered young woman home for his brother’s wedding. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO and Netflix.
- You’re Not You (Movie, 2014) – A life-changing bond develops between a woman with ALS whose marriage is on the rocks and the brash collegian hired to be her assistant. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO, Netflix and Vudu.
- Rosewater (Documentary, 2014) – While covering an election protest in 2009 Iran, BBC journalist Maziar Bahari is arrested, imprisoned and tortured for nearly four months. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO, Netflix and Vudu.
- Nightcrawler (Movie, 2014) – A freelance cameraman goes to increasingly greater lengths to get shots of the most-lurid and disturbing crimes on the dark streets of Los Angeles. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, M-GO, Netflix and Vudu.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 (TV Show, 2014) – A group of highly trained SHIELD agents investigates the strange and unknown. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, Hulu and Vudu.
- Somm (Documentary, 2012) – Four wine stewards prepare to take the Master Sommelier Exam, one of the world’s most difficult tests, presided over by the notoriously secretive Court of Master Sommeliers. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO, Netflix and Vudu.
- The Cobbler (Movie, 2014) – A frustrated shoemaker finds a magical sewing machine that allows him to see the world in a new way by stepping into the lives of his customers. Available to watch on Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
Not only do Roku streaming players bring you channels such as Netflix, Google Play and Sky Store as well catch-up TV from BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All 4 and Demand 5, there’s a whole range of additional content that makes them the perfect gift this Father’s Day.
And to celebrate the occasion we’re bringing you a special Father’s Day offer, with the Roku Streaming Stick available at £39.99 and the Roku 3 at £79.99 from Amazon, Very, and participating Currys and Tesco stores until June 28th.
Here’s a look at some of the unique Father’s Day offerings on the Roku platform…
If your dad is something of a man’s man He TV is the channel for him. It’s all about sports, food, news and entertainment here, meaning it’s the perfect companion for any dad looking to unwind this Father’s Day.
Is your dad a wannabe adrenaline junky? Red Bull TV will allow him to experience the thrill of extreme sports without having to leave the couch! The channel delivers live action, in addition to a host of on-demand programmes. From snowboarding and other winter sports to endurance challenges, there’s plenty to keep him entertained. Plus there’s also live music videos available through the channel too.
So you’re dad thinks he’s something of a BBQ king? Let’s just hope his cooking skills are as good as those on show here! This channel is made for anyone who loves a good BBQ. With top tips and amazing recipes, there’s plenty of mouth-watering inspiration for the summer ahead!
If your dad is hooked on fishing, the Addictive Fishing channel is just the thing for him. Boasting ‘the coolest saltwater fishing show on Roku’, fanatics can follow Captain Blair Wiggins as he heads off on his latest fishing adventures. There’s also the Structure Fishing Show, which features helpful tips and tutorials should your dad be looking to perfect his skills.
To all my fellow parents who are constantly combatting the “I’m bored!” complaint from their kids, we have a new secret weapon for you today (no slime included!). Nickelodeon, the number-one entertainment brand for kids, is now available for free on Roku players and Roku TV models in the U.S.
With the Nickelodeon channel, you can watch full episodes of some of the most popular shows including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, Henry Danger, Bella and the Bulldogs, Harvey Beaks, and more.
You’ll find the most popular content featured on the home screen, including full episodes and the Funny Video of the Week. Scroll down to browse by shows, episodes and explore the newest video clips.
Want access to even more great entertainment from Nickelodeon? Customers who subscribe to Nickelodeon through a participating cable, satellite or telco provider have access to additional full episodes and extras. To authenticate Nickelodeon and view this additional content simply press the options button (*) > “Settings” > “Log in.”
The Nickelodeon channel is under “Kids & Family” in the Roku Channel Store now on Roku players and Roku TV models.