This week we’re kicking off our list with some thrilling science fiction flicks that will give you to a reason stay inside. Beat the heat and travel to distant fantasy worlds!
- Star Trek Into Darkness (Movie, 2013) - When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they encounter an unstoppable force of terror. New friends and enemies are constantly being made in the final frontier. The hard part is figuring out who to trust. Available on Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, M-GO, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Continuum Season 3 (TV Show, 2012) - A detective from the year 2077 finds herself trapped in the present day. She infiltrates the local police department and attempts to track down terrorists before they execute their attack. Recently released on Netflix, also available on Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, M-GO and Vudu.
- Lost Girl Season 4 (TV Show, 2010) - A succubus feeds on the sexual energy of mortals. Growing up with human parents, Bo embarks on a personal mission to unlock the secrets of her origin. Newly available on Netflix, also on Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- The Samaritan (Movie, 2012) - After many years in prison, a former grafter tries to go straight, but the son of his former partner insists on learning the game and relieving a feared gangster. Newly released on Netflix, also available on Amazon Instant Video.
- Christmas with the Kranks (Movie, 2004) - A Chicago couple scrambles to put together a holiday celebration after their daughter decides to come home for Christmas. Newly released on Netflix and also available on Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster, M-GO, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- FrackNation (Movie, 2013) - Proponents of the drilling process known as fracking claim that activists and the media have suppressed facts. The film seeks to address concerns about the process, and uncover the truth about its risk. Newly released on Netflix, also available on Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Empire State (Movie, 2012) - A security guard and his childhood pal make plans to rob an armored car. An inside job with 11 million dollars on the line. His motives are noble, but his actions are criminal. Available on Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster, M-GO, Netflix, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Arrow Season 1 (TV Show, 2012) - A bow and arrow and chip on his shoulder. In his wealthy superhero’s hands, they’re all he needs to fight crime. This 2012 season debut of “Arrow” brought the highest ratings its network had seen in three years. Newly released on Netflix, also available on Amazon Instant Video and Hulu Plus.
- 21 Jump Street (Movie, 2012) - Two cops must confront their teenage angst all over again when they go under cover as high school students. Newly released on Amazon Instant Video and also available on Blockbuster, M-GO, Redbox Instant, and Vudu.
- Mixology Season 1 (TV Show, 2014) - At a chic Manhattan bar, closing time means decision time, but not everyone’s going home with their first choice. Newly released on Netflix and also available on Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, Time Warner and Vudu.
This week was reportedly the busiest week of the year for travel. Whether jetting off abroad or going on a family road trip, travel is stressful, particularly during peak periods. That’s why we like staycationing. It’s cheaper, stress-free and fun! To get your staycation off to the best start check out our streaming recommendations for this week.
Let us know what you watch in the comments box below.
- The Cruise Ship – ITV’s latest reality TV series is a four-part documentary about life on-board Britain’s most famous cruise liner, the Royal Princess. Exploding with warmth, humour and charm, this observational documentary gives a fascinating insight into life at sea. First three episodes are available to view on ITV Player.
- Pop Slam! – This CBBC series is sure to get some debates going among the kids in your house. Amberley Lobo takes 18 massive pop acts, including Ellie Goulding and One Direction, and pits them against each other in nine head-to-head rounds. Talking to the people who know them best, she looks at how they made it big, how hard they have been working and how glamorous their lifestyles have become. The winner of each round walks away with an Ambo, before the final show in which the Ultimate Pop Slam Champion will win the Mega Ambo. All nine rounds plus the final are now available to watch on BBC iPlayer.
- Dragons’ Den – The BBC’s hit series is back for its 12th series, with another batch of budding entrepreneurs pitching business ideas to the multimillionaire Dragons. The first two episodes of the new series are now available to watch on BBC iPlayer.
- Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher (movie) – This animated adventure sees Marvel’s Black Widow tracking down an arms dealer. Her vigilante ally Punisher (Brian Bloom) wants to kill him off but she suspects that – alive – he may lead them to global terrorist group Leviathan. Nick Fury (John Eric Bentley) decides to let them both go as reluctant allies on a mission that will see Black Widow’s past coming back to haunt her. Available on Sky Store.
- Katy Perry: Part of Me (Movie) – If your daughter is a Katy Perry fan, she’ll love this movie. The American pop star is captured on and offstage in this revealing diary of her California Dreams Tour, featuring her Los Angeles performances. Available on Netflix.
- The Inbetweeners (Series) – The Inbetweeners 2 movie is released in cinemas next week, so why not familiarise yourself with the award-winning comedy series again? If you’ve never seen it before, it’s not too late to get to know Will, Jay, Neil and Simon as they try – and fail spectacularly – to navigate the wretched no-man’s land of adolescence. All three series can be watched on Netflix.
- Online and Lying – This ground-breaking documentary is relevant to both parents and children. Emily Hartridge investigates why our online lives are so different from our real ones, and what effect this has on us and our friends and family. Over the four episodes, she meets with victims and perpetrators of identity fraud and catfishing, goes online dating, gets a criminal to apologise, visits a psychotherapist and explores how her own experience of being an online celebrity has affected how she sees herself and is seen by others. Available now on 4oD.
- Superstar DJs: with Annie Mac… – Radio 1’s dance music queen Annie Mac travels the globe to explore the modern cultural phenomenon of the Superstar DJ, looking at the evolution of the DJ from small clubs to stadiums. In the six-part series she meets some of the most influential names in dance music, including Fatboy Slim and Disclosure. You can catch up on the last few episodes on 4oD now.
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (Movie) – The son of Poseidon returns for this second instalment in the fantasy franchise, this time using his demigod skills to find the mythical Golden Fleece. With their sanctuary Camp Half-Blood under threat from evil forces, Percy and his fantastical friends must overcome zombie cab drivers, vengeful former allies and toothsome ocean dwellers. Watch it now on Now TV.
A Golden Oldie:
- Jane Eyre (1997) – Charlotte Bronte’s classic story, adapted by Kay Mellor. Jane Eyre takes up the post of governess at Thornfield Hall, but finds herself falling in love with the mysterious Mr Rochester. Starring Samantha Morton and Ciaran Hinds. Catch this classic on ITV Player.
New to Roku or looking for new channels to explore? Get tips and tricks straight from our channel partners in our new Channel Highlight series. Leave your questions or comments below for Seagate!
Millions of people use their Roku players daily to watch their favorite movies or TV shows on demand. Now Roku and Seagate Central have teamed up so you get to be the star of the show with the ability to stream your movies, your music and your photos on the big screen TV.
If you’re unfamiliar with Seagate Central, think of it as your personal cloud with up to 4TB capacity where you can hold all your media content. And because it comes in black, it’ll look amazing in your entertainment center.
With Roku and Seagate Central, setup is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Turn on both devices to make sure they are connected to the same WI-FI network. This will make sure that the devices can “see” each other. Once on, the Seagate Media Channel will scan the network to automatically connect to your Seagate Central.
- Once connected, navigate to the Seagate Media Channel with the remote of your Roku player and browse through your personal library of movies, music and photos.
- Set the lights, bring out the chips & dip and let the party begin because you’re connected.
With Roku and Seagate Central, it doesn’t get any easier than that to stream HD movies, play slideshows of your vacation photos, or just keep the tunes playing from your personal music collection.
To learn more about Seagate Central personal cloud storage, please visit: www.seagate.com.
With all the crazy summer weather going on across the country, this week we’re leading our list with two newcomers set against apocalyptic storms –one from waaaay back and one from the future. By ark or by train, we promise you’ll be fully entertained.
- Noah (Movie, 2014) - God chooses Noah, Russell Crowe, to build an ark and save the animals and his family from an apocalyptic flood. Available on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Snowpiercer (Movie, 2014) - A post-apocalyptic ice age forces humanity’s last survivors aboard a globe-spanning super train. One man will risk everything to lead a revolt for control of the engine and the future of the planet. Newly released on Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand and Vudu.
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (Movie, 2014) - Young Jack Ryan goes from being a CIA analyst to a spy after he uncovers a Russia plot to crash the U.S. economy. Newly released on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO and Vudu.
- Homefront (Movie, 2013) - Watch a former DEA agent, Jason Statham return to action to save his daughter and his new town from a drug-dealing sociopath, James Franco. Available on Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Dom Hemingway (Movie, 2013) - After serving 12 years in prison, a skilled safecracker, Jude Law, seeks payback and a chance to reconcile with his daughter, Emilia Clarke. Available on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO and Vudu.
- Hitch (Movie, 2005) - A smooth- talking man, Will Smith, falls for a hardened columnist, while helping a shy accountant woo a beautiful heiress. Newly released on Netflix and also available on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO and Redbox Instant.
- Billy Elliot (Movie, 2000) - A working class youngster in 1984 England discovers a hidden talent for dance with the help of a hard-bitten teacher. Last chance to watch this free featured movie on Crackle (7/31), but newly added to Amazon Instant Video and also available on M-GO, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Baby Daddy Season 3 (TV Show, 2012) - A young man becomes a surprise dad when an ex-girlfriend leaves a baby girl at his doorstep. Newly released on Netflix and available on Amazon Instant Video.
- Melissa & Joey Season 3 (TV Show, 2010) - After a family scandal leaves Mel, a local politician, alone with her niece, Lennox, and nephew Ryder, she hires a man named Joe to become the family’s new male nanny. Newly released on Netflix and available on Amazon Instant Video.
- Hell on Wheels Season 3 (TV Show, 2011) - Watch this American Western television series about the construction of the First Continental Railroad across the United States. Follow Cullen Bohannan, a former soldier and slaveholder track and the killers of his wife and bring him to the middle of the one of the biggest projects in United States history. Newly released on Netflix, and also available on Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
The Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games are underway and you can catch 24 hour coverage on Roku using the BBC Sport channel. However if sports isn’t your thing, there is lots more to watch on your Roku streaming player.
Let us know what you watch in the comments box below.
- The Honourable Women (Series) – A drama series new to BBC iPlayer, businesswoman Nessa Stein is made a life peer for her work promoting Middle East Peace, but a sinister chain of events changes everything. Watch episode 1, The Empty Chair now.
- Jackass presents: Bad Grandpa (Movie) - Johnny Knoxville plays 86-year-old Irving Zisman, a sex-obsessed octogenarian who takes his eight years old grandson Billy (Jackson Nicoll) on a road trip to meet his estranged, deadbeat father. During their journey Irving takes time out to party with male strippers, make romantic overtures to bingo players and to persuade Billy to enter a beauty pageant. Catch the extended version on Now TV.
- Endeavour (Series) - A crime drama series following the early days of a young Endeavour Morse, whose experiences as a detective constable with the Oxford City Police will ultimately shape his future. In season 2 a baffling suicide, an anguished father searching for his missing daughter and the robbery of medieval treasures strain the talents of DC Morse. Season 2 is available now on ITV Player.
- The Lego Movie – Lowly builder Emmet is mistakenly chosen to lead the rebellion against President Business (Will Ferrell), an evil tyrant who plans to put the entire Lego World under his control. With Emmet assisted by wise Vitruvius action girl Wyldstyle, her boyfriend Batman the foundations are laid for a laugh a minute plot. Rent the Lego Movie with Sky Store today and you will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a family trip to LEGOLAND in Denmark.
- The Big Wedding (Movie) – Robert De’Niro and Diane Keaton star as a long divorced couple faking years of wedded bliss at their son’s nuptials, much to the amusement of their friends and family in order to please an unexpected guest. With all of the wedding guests watching they are forced to confront their past, present and future together. Available now on Netflix.
- The 100 (Series) – A group of 100 juvenile delinquents are sent down from a dying space station called the “Ark “ to planet Earth as test subjects 97 years after experiencing a nuclear war, to find out if the Earth is habitable once again. It is their responsibility to determine the fate of the surviving humans on the Ark before it is too late. Catch up with season one on 4oD.
- Barefoot (Movie) – A warm-hearted remake of the German film Barfuss, a rebellious son who is the black sheep of a wealthy family, courts a psychiatric patient. Taking her to his brother’s wedding in New Orleans, hoping to prove that he’s sorted his life out while she impresses the family with her genuine, if unstable charm. Available now on Sky Store.
- House of Cards (Series) – Betrayed by the White House, Congressman Francis Underwood embarks on a ruthless rise to power. Blackmail, seduction and ambition are his weapons. When the newly elected president reneges on a promise, Francis and Claire decide to sever all alliances and throw the rules out of the window. Watch it now on Netflix.
- World’s Worst Holiday Horrors (Series) – This series explores the holidays of a lifetime…when they go wrong. In this opening episode, a relaxing cruise around the world famous Albert Dock leaves a family fighting for survival, after their vessel sinks in seconds with all 31 passengers still on board. A Dutch couple are trapped on an Italian beach, when a huge wildfire cuts off their escape and threatens to engulf 4000 fellow holidaymakers. Catch up with the series now on Demand 5.
A Golden Oldie:
- Matilda (1996) – Danny DeVito directs this adaptation of Roald Dahl’s darkly delicious children’s fantasy about the daughter of selfish parents who discovers she has magical powers. Mrs Doubtfire’s Mara Wilson is spellbinding as the gifted youngster while Pam ‘Where The Heart Is’ Ferris terrifies as her child-hating headmistress. DeVito also appears as one of the many monstrous grown-ups, along with his then-wife Rhea Perlman (Carla from Cheers). A delightfully twisted fairy-tale – and not just for kids.
If you’re a big Hulu streamer like me, you’ve likely noticed the new Hulu Plus experience on Roku. It’s quick to load, navigation within the channel is super snappy too – 5x faster than the old channel! And the layout is slightly different to highlight stunning imagery from your favorite TV shows and movies.
We really owe this awesome channel to you though. The teams at Hulu and Roku have been listening all your feedback over the last year…yes, all of it. It took a bit longer than we expected but only because we wanted it to be the very best experience.
And we’re still listening. Tweet us, post on Facebook, comment below or email us. Tell us what channels you’d love to see, which ones need a little work and hey, you can even tell us we’re doing a good job.
Have you tried out the new Hulu Plus channel? Let us know what you think. Thanks to the folks who have sent us their feedback.
The Hulu update is great! I’m so happy with it, thank you!! – Amy S. on Facebook
Man, we turned on our Hulu Plus tonight, and WOW! Great update.” – Steven on Facebook
It’s a great week in the world of streaming. Some awesome new shows have kicked off – Extant and the second season of Masters of Sex. It’s also a great time to be a South Park fan, with all the seasons newly added on Hulu Plus.
What are you watching?
- Extant, Season 1, Episode 1 (TV Show, 2014) – Astronaut Molly Woods (Halle Berry) tries to reconnect with her husband, John, and son, Ethan, after returning from a 13-month solo mission in outer space. Available exclusively on Prime Instant Video (Amazon Instant Video).
- Rio 2 (Movie, 2014) – The entire cast of the animated hit comedy Rio returns — along with a new flock of all-star voice talent, including Bruno Mars, Kristen Chenoweth and more — in this high-flying sequel for the whole family. The party continues when Jewel (Anne Hathaway), Blu (Jesse Eisenberg) and their three kids take a walk on the wild side and embark on a colorful, comical, music-filled journey through the Amazon! Available on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO and Vudu.
- The Other Woman (Movie, 2014) – Cameron Diaz leads a knockout cast in this irreverent buddy comedy about love, lust and the laws of karma. When Carly (Diaz) learns that her boyfriend (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) has a wife (Leslie Mann), the two women become unlikely friends. When he turns out to be an even bigger cheat than they knew, they make plans with yet another of his mistresses (Kate Upton) to teach him a lesson – or three! Available on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO and Vudu.
- South Park (TV Show, 1997-2014) – Follow everyone’s favorite troublemakers; Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny, from the beginning of their unforgettable adventures. Catch all seasons of South Park on Hulu Plus all summer!
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (TV Show, 2014) – Each week Jerry Seinfeld takes a friend for a drive in a classic car and a cup of coffee, sharing stories and laughs along the way in this Emmy-nominated series. Guests this season include Jon Stewart, Tiny Fey, Howard Stern and many others. Available exclusively on Crackle.
- The Neverending Story (Movie, 1984) – A family fantasy/adventure epic based on the acclaimed best-seller about a troubled boy who discovers an extraordinary storybook-and the fantastical world within its pages. Available on Amazon Instant Video (free with a Prime subscription), Blockbuster On Demand, M-GO, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Lone Survivor (Movie, 2013) – Based on The New York Times bestselling true story of heroism, courage and survival, Lone Survivor tells the incredible tale of four Navy SEALs on a covert mission to neutralize a high-level al-Qaeda operative. Available on Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster On Demand, M-GO, Redbox and Vudu.
- The Master (Movie, 2012) – Haunted by his past, WW-II veteran and drifter Freddie Quell (Joaquin Phoenix) crosses paths with a mysterious movement led by The Master (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) and his wife (Amy Adams). Available on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO, Netflix, Redbox Instant and Vudu
- Carlito’s Way (Movie, 1993) – A Puerto Rican ex-con pledges to stay away from his former drug dealing ways but finds himself being dragged back by his past connections and the naive machinations of his lawyer and best friend. Available on Amazon Instant Video, Crackle, M-GO, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Masters of Sex, Season 1 (TV Show, 2013) – Stars Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan, who will portray the real-life pioneers of the science of human sexuality, William Masters and Virginia Johnson. Season 2 just kicked off on SHOWTIME ANYTIME, catch up on season 1. Also available on Amazon Instant Video, M-GO and Vudu.
This week we asked you for your recommendations to give you the chance to share them with your fellow streamers. We’ve included our favourite picks in this week’s blog, so you’re not just taking our word for it now when deciding what to watch!
If you have a suggestion for our next blog please use the comment box below or head over to our Facebook page!
As Recommended by You:
- Hemlock Grove (Series) – One cannot quench his all-consuming thirst. The other cannot tame the beast clawing its way out. In the sleepy Pennsylvania village of Hemlock Grove, two young men struggle to accept painful truths: about family, themselves, the mystery of the White Tower – and a terrifying new threat so powerful it will turn them from predators into prey. Catch it now on Netflix. Recommended by Anthony Thornton.
- Carrie (Movie) – Also on Netflix, a misfit teenager gets back at the classmates who’ve bullied her by unleashing her newfound supernatural powers and creating havoc at the prom. Recommended by Anthony Thornton.
- Penny Dreadful (Series) - Josh Hartnett, Eva Green and Timothy Dalton star in this chilling new psychological thriller which weaves together the origin stories of some of literature’s most frightening figures. Watch it on Now TV. As recommended by Sarah Grace George.
- OAP’s Behaving Badly (Documentary) - This candid documentary on Demand 5 meets a group of older people who refuse to let retirement slow them down. In Tenerife, they have created a ‘pensioners’ playground’ where they are blowing their hard-earned pensions and savings – as well as their winter fuel allowances – on a hard-partying lifestyle. Recommended by Jenni Livesley
- About Time (Movie) – Richard ‘Four Weddings in Notting Hill, Actually’ Curtis writes and directs this typically cosy spin on Groundhog Day. At the age of 21, Tim learns from his father that the men in his family have the ability to time travel. Tim seizes upon his newfound power to win the heart of American beauty Mary (Rachel McAdams). But with each slightly botched attempt, he has to keep an eye open for the butterfly effect. Catch it on Now TV
- Parkland (Movie) – Half price on Sky Store, the chaotic aftermath of President John F Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas is recounted in this drama. Events unfold from the perspectives of the the staff at Parkland Hospital who treated the stricken president, the secret servicemen responsible for his safety, the brother of his suspected killer Lee Harvey Oswald, and Abraham Zapruder, the spectator who captured the fatal moment in the most famous home movie in history.
- Under the Skin (Movie) – Scarlett Johansson’s predatory alien takes on the guise of a young brunette to trawl the streets of Glasgow, tempting eager Scottish likely lads back to her lair in a derelict house… and a fate worse than death. Available now on Sky Store
- Champneys (Series) – Documentary following Champneys owner Stephen Purdew, as he leads a refurbishment of the company’s flagship resort in Hertfordshire with the help of a new management team. Watch it now on ITV Player
- Talk to the Animals (Documentary) – Lucy Cooke is a zoologist and animal explorer on a worldwide quest to crack the animal code and find out how animals communicate in their own social groups. Available now on BBC iPlayer
- Utopia (Series) – This second series of this Thriller has just begun on Channel 4. You can catch up on all of series one and the first episodes of series two now on 4oD. When a group of strangers find themselves in possession of the manuscript for a legendary graphic novel, their lives brutally implode as they are pursued by a shadowy and murderous organisation.
To all the TV lovers out there, here’s a deal you can’t pass up. Buy and activate any new Roku player by September 30, 2014, get two months FREE of Hulu Plus!*
Hulu Plus offers unlimited streaming of current and past TV shows and hit movies. Watch current-season episodes of hit TV shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Nashville, Hell’s Kitchen, The Mindy Project and many more. Watch 100’s of episodes of hit series including The Good Wife, Law and Order: SVU, South Park or check out ad-free kids’ shows such as SpongeBob SquarePants, Caillou, and Jim Henson’s Fraggle Rock. Learn more here.
Already have Hulu Plus? Be sure to check out the updated Hulu Plus on Roku channel, which includes a new design and snappier start up and navigation. The update is available for all current-generation Roku players in the U.S.
*Offer only available to new Hulu Plus subscribers. Credit card required. Void where prohibited. See www.roku.com/hulu-offer for full terms and conditions.
Posted in Roku News
Tagged Hulu Plus
The weekend’s here and there’s plenty of TV shows, movies and documentaries to keep you busy. Time to kick up your feet and stream!
Whatcha watching this weekend? Let us know in the comments below.
- The Divide (TV Show, 2014) – The premiere episode of We tv’s first scripted series is available free (before it premieres on 7/16!) for Roku users until 7/15/14. The Divide follows Christine Rosa, an impassioned caseworker with The Innocence Initiative, as she delves into the case of a death row inmate whom she believes was wrongly convicted of a young family’s heinous murder.
- The Bridge Season 1 (TV Show, 2013) – Set on the border between El Paso and Juarez, The Bridge centers on two detectives, one from the United States and one from Mexico, who must work together to hunt down a serial killer operating on both sides of the U.S.-Mexican border. Newly released on Hulu Plus, but also available on Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- Missing William (Movie, 2014) – Forced to care for her husband after he’s injured in a bar fight, Rhode Island artist Abby Leeds finds her life even more challenging when her childhood sweetheart turns up, setting the stage for a complicated love triangle. Newly released on Netflix, but also available on Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand and Vudu.
- Transcendence (Movie, 2014) – Dr. Will Caster (Johnny Depp) is the foremost researcher in the field of Artificial Intelligence, working to create a sentient machine that combines the collective intelligence of everything ever known with the full range of human emotions. His highly controversial experiments have made him the prime target of anti-technology extremists who will do whatever it takes to stop him. Newly released on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- The Karate Kid (Movie, 1984) – In this classic movie, an elderly martial arts expert (Pat Morita) teaches a high schooler (Ralph Macchio) about life, friendship and courage under the guidance of a martial arts and to defend himself from bullies. Newly released on Redbox Instant, but also available on M-GO, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- Genius on Hold (Documentary, 2012) – Prolific inventor Walter T. Shaw — who transformed modern telecommunications with his discoveries — died penniless and unknown. This documentary tells the tale of how Shaw saw his ideas stolen and his ambitions foiled by the powerful AT&T monopoly. Newly released on Netflix, but also available on Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz (Documentary, 2014) – A dynamic and tragic portrait of the life of Reddit co-founder and computer prodigy Aaron Swartz, a champion of open access who grew up to lead the internet community into a new age of data sharing and free speech. Newly released on Amazon Instant Video and Vudu.
- Heaven Is for Real (Movie, 2014) – Based on the #1 New York Times best-selling book, the movie recounts the true story of a small-town father who must find the courage and conviction to share his son’s extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Newly released on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Air Force One (Movie, 1997) – Harrison Ford is the President of the United States, a leader unyielding in his opposition to negotiating with terrorists. But when Russian neo-nationalists hijack Air Force One with the First Family on board, the President’s beliefs and courage are put to the test. Newly released on Crackle, but also available on M-GO, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant and Vudu.
- Man in the Chair (Movie, 2007) – A teenage misfit (Michael Angarano) and a mean-spirited, Hollywood retiree (Christopher Plummer) team up against insurmountable odds while trying to compete a short film for high school competition. Newly released on Hulu Plus, but also available on Amazon Instant Video.